Liberal Democrat Ron Young has waged a nasty, misleading campaign, viciously attacking Republican Alex X. Mooney personally.
In the spirit of the Halloween season – and in an effort to lighten the political discourse – the Mooney campaign introduces to Frederick and Washington County voters the “Tax Reaper.”
Voters are tired of negative campaigning and personal attacks. Voters want an elected official who will oppose job-killing tax increases and destructive economic policies.
Ron Young has announced his support for a number of tax increases:
- Young supports increasing the gas tax.
- Young supports a new, hidden tax on production.
- Young supports O’Malley’s 20% sales tax hike.
The Tax Reaper exists as a lighthearted reminder to voters that liberal Democrat Ron Young has a history of raising taxes as Frederick City Mayor and Alderman:
- Young raised property taxes 7 times.
- Young raised water/sewer rates 10 times.
- Young created new taxes like the “amusement tax” and “camping fee.”
While the Tax Reaper is a humorous manifestation of Young’s record of raising taxes, it should not amuse voters that he will raise taxes again if sent to Annapolis.
On November 2, cast your vote for Republican Alex X. Mooney, or the Tax Reaper will surely take more money out of your paycheck and saddle your children with burdensome debt.